Registered Sanitarian 1 or 2/ Sanitarian-In-Training
Division: Environmental Health
Reports to: Environmental Health Director
Hours: 40 hours per week, 7:30 – 4:00pm, some weekend and evening hours
Starting Salary: Sanitarian-in-Training $16.69 per hour, Registered Sanitarian $19.31 per hour, Registered Sanitarian 2, pay equivalent with experience.
The Darke County Health Department is seeking a full-time Registered Sanitarian 1 or 2 or a Sanitarian-In- Training to begin work in the Sewage Treatment Systems Program. The Candidate will assist homeowners and contractors by reviewing soil testing, site plans, house plans, sewage design plans, etc. to build a new home or replace an existing system and perform required inspections. The applicant must have good communication skills and be able to work with the public and help to educate homeowners on their sewage treatment system and ways to protect public health. The Candidate will assist with a on-going sewage grant. The Candidate must be able to write enforcement letters and answer phone calls.
Other job responsibilities may include: Performs inspections, investigations, routine testing and sampling duties in Environmental Health programs which may include but not be limited to: sewage operation and maintenance program, food service operations and retail food establishments, vending, mobiles, temporaries, smoke free Ohio, schools, camps, swimming pools, body art establishments, private water wells, water samples, solid waste disposal, refuse hauling and/or septage hauling vehicles, vector control and rabies control, mobile home parks; investigates foodborne or other illnesses and public health nuisances; collects water and effluent samples; enforces state and local laws, and rules and regulations. Participate in public health emergency responses.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Health or related field which meets the
educational requirements set forth by the Ohio Sanitarian Registration Act (ORC 4736).
• Must be dependable, organized, and possess excellent communication skills.
• Must be willing to work outside and with homeowners
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License, transportation and auto insurance.
Contact Person: Ginger Magoto, EH Director
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 937-548-4196 ext. 233.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to the following address: Darke County Health Department, Attn: Ginger Magoto, 300 Garst Avenue, Greenville, Ohio 45331.
Posting Closes: April 3 or until filled. We look to fill this position immediately so please be available for an interview. The Darke County Health Department is an equal opportunity employer.
Excellent benefits and paid holidays. County vehicle may be available for job use.
Help Me Grow Brighter Futures
POSITION: Outreach Specialist
LOCATION: Western Region — 4 locations (Clark 8, Allen/Hardin 10, Auglaize/Mercer 8, Darke/Shelby 8)
HOURS: 6-10 hours based on region (some weekends)
Under the direction from the Marketing Manager, responsible for conducting outreach for Home Visiting and Early Intervention programs in Western Ohio as part of the statewide central intake and referral system.
Works to establish and maintain working relationships in the region that support central intake’s communication and outreach plan. Implements activities to recruit, engage and retain program participants, either directly or through referral sources. Travels throughout the region to perform assigned duties, in coordination with the Marketing Manager. Assists with local and multi-county events to increase public awareness and conduct child find. Tracks all outreach activities for monthly reporting requirements. Interacts professionally with families, referral sources, and community stakeholders using strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Job Functions
1. Establishes and maintains relationships with home visiting and early intervention contractors in Western Ohio in order to identify referral sources and program options available in each county and assess outreach needs.
2. Establishes and maintains relationships with primary referral sources in Western Ohio in order to educate them about program options and changes and generate timely and appropriate referrals for home visiting and early intervention services.
3. Assists county El and HV Programs with enrollment of clients when needed.
4. Support and attends outreach events carried out by local and multi-county partners to generate home visiting and early intervention referrals.
5. Ensures the availability of marketing materials for outreach events and mailings through assembly and/or ordering of materials from Marketing Manager.
6. Serves as back-up to intake and referral staff as needed by processing assigned referrals including data entry in OCHIDS, EIDS, and Excel spreadsheet.
7. Maintains regular communication with Marketing Manager about weekly schedule and activities while off-site and participated in all scheduled supervision.
8. Tracks weekly outreach activities for internal monitoring and monthly reporting to Marketing Manager.
9. Identify any potential problem areas and report to Marketing Manager.
Help Me Grow
Darke County General Health District’s Help Me Grow Program is seeking to fill one, part-time Help Me Grow Home Visitor position to provide services in Darke County. Prefer candidates with previous home-based experience.
Registered Nurse Preferred.
Minimum of two (2) year degree in social or behavioral science, early childhood development/education, or similar field; minimum one (1) year experience in home-based therapy, mental health, or crisis intervention service setting; or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience; bachelor’s degree in social or behavioral science, early childhood development/ education, or similar field preferred.
Must maintain licensures and certifications as required under the Ohio Revised Code by degree held (e.g., Licensed Social Worker, etc.); Home Visitor credential must be obtained within two (2) months of hire through Ohio Department of Health; must maintain a valid State of Ohio driver’s license and maintain insurability according to Health District policy.
• Traveling and conducting home visits to provide support and education to assist families with their child’s development, health and safety, basic home management, and appropriate discipline practices
• Developing Family Plans with family, assisting with referrals and advocating with the families
• Preparing required records and reports to document home visits and other contacts
• Completing required Help Me Grow training
• Completing required activities /reports/paperwork within set Help Me Grow timelines
The position(s) will be part- time 24 hours per week with the potential to become full-time.
Please submit your completed, cover letter, resume and two professional references to Jennifer.Barga@darkecountyhealth.org or mail to Darke County Health Department, 300 Garst Avenue Greenville, OH 45331. Position will remain open until filled.
The Darke County General Health District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.