The Darke County Health Department is asking for volunteers to register with the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC). MRC consists of community-based units established by local organizations to meet the public health needs of their communities. The MRC consists of medical and non-medical volunteers who are able to help with response efforts in time of emergency. Any healthcare professionals or non-medical community members 18 years or older can register for MRC.
Steps to volunteer:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must complete an approved training PRIOR to registering, and every 3 years after, in order to maintain Liability Protection.
- Must comply with any other additional training requirements of the Group(s) you join.
- Must complete all required fields when filling out your volunteer profile.
- Must ensure your profile is up to date at all times (contact information, professional license, etc).
Simply go to https://www.ohioresponds.odh.ohio.gov/ to see all the training information for your interest. If you have any questions regarding volunteering, please contact Brittany Weitzel, RS at the Darke County Health Department at 937-548-4196 ext. 202.